Thursday, March 31, 2011

Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken


I've made Barbecue Chicken in the crock pot one other time. My first recipe I made for our housewarming party and it had like 15 ingredients. When I came across this recipe I thought this is great only 5 ingredients. This is a perfect recipe for tomorrow which is hopefully going to be the last it snows/flurries until next winter.

Adapted from http://www.realmomkitchen.com/

Ingredients:

4- 5 boneless chicken breasts
1 18oz. bottle of barbecue sauce (we used Frank's Red Hot Sweet BBQ Sauce)
1/2 light Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce



Mix 16 oz or 2/3 of the barbecue sauce, the Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce in the crock pot. Put chicken in and cook on low for about 8 hours (or high for 4). Remove chicken, shred on cutting board, and return to crock pot. Cook for another 30 minutes or so on low. The recipe I adapted from says to take all the liquid out before returning to the chicken to the crock pot and then add in the 1/3 or rest of the barbecue sauce and only some of the liquid removed. I skipped this step but might do it next time to see the difference of taste. Ours was quite spicy not sure if it was because using all the liquid it was in or because our sauce choice.

I served it with Mac and Cheese and Zucchini fritters (recipe to follow soon).

Enjoy!

Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...